Dunmow woman celebrates her 106th birthday with smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz
- Credit: Archant
Smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz was the breakfast of choice for the oldest resident at a Great Dunmow Care home, as she celebrated her 106th birthday.
Mary Powell enjoyed the slap up meal at Redbond Lodge, in Chequers Lane, before being joined by family and friends for a celebratory lunch. Guests toasted the big occasion with glasses of Pimms and pink fizz.
A cake was specially made for Mary’s birthday and two singers entertained the residents with a medley of numbers from musicals.
Mary said she “enjoyed every moment of the day”.
The former factory worker, who turned 106 on September 9, grew up in East London and had a daughter Olive, with her husband Joe, who she was married to for 70 years. She moved to Dunmow around 16 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She has been a resident at the care for more than two years.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear