Dunmow woman celebrates her 106th birthday with smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz
- Credit: Archant
Smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz was the breakfast of choice for the oldest resident at a Great Dunmow Care home, as she celebrated her 106th birthday.
Mary Powell enjoyed the slap up meal at Redbond Lodge, in Chequers Lane, before being joined by family and friends for a celebratory lunch. Guests toasted the big occasion with glasses of Pimms and pink fizz.
A cake was specially made for Mary’s birthday and two singers entertained the residents with a medley of numbers from musicals.
Mary said she “enjoyed every moment of the day”.
The former factory worker, who turned 106 on September 9, grew up in East London and had a daughter Olive, with her husband Joe, who she was married to for 70 years. She moved to Dunmow around 16 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She has been a resident at the care for more than two years.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement