Dunmow woman celebrates her 106th birthday with smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz
- Credit: Archant
Smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz was the breakfast of choice for the oldest resident at a Great Dunmow Care home, as she celebrated her 106th birthday.
Mary Powell enjoyed the slap up meal at Redbond Lodge, in Chequers Lane, before being joined by family and friends for a celebratory lunch. Guests toasted the big occasion with glasses of Pimms and pink fizz.
A cake was specially made for Mary’s birthday and two singers entertained the residents with a medley of numbers from musicals.
Mary said she “enjoyed every moment of the day”.
The former factory worker, who turned 106 on September 9, grew up in East London and had a daughter Olive, with her husband Joe, who she was married to for 70 years. She moved to Dunmow around 16 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She has been a resident at the care for more than two years.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 9 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 10 Stations benefit from funding