Dunmow woman celebrates her 106th birthday with smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz
- Credit: Archant
Smoked salmon and Buck’s Fizz was the breakfast of choice for the oldest resident at a Great Dunmow Care home, as she celebrated her 106th birthday.
Mary Powell enjoyed the slap up meal at Redbond Lodge, in Chequers Lane, before being joined by family and friends for a celebratory lunch. Guests toasted the big occasion with glasses of Pimms and pink fizz.
A cake was specially made for Mary’s birthday and two singers entertained the residents with a medley of numbers from musicals.
Mary said she “enjoyed every moment of the day”.
The former factory worker, who turned 106 on September 9, grew up in East London and had a daughter Olive, with her husband Joe, who she was married to for 70 years. She moved to Dunmow around 16 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She has been a resident at the care for more than two years.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford