Dunmow Wind Band Players’ Player of the Year 2016 named as 13-year-old
- Credit: Archant
A young performer in the Dunmow Wind Band has been awarded the Players’ Player of 2016.
Keira Walker, 13, had been with the band for around a year when she played solo on the recorder in October, Panis Angelicus, during the Last Night of the Proms concert at Foakes Hall on October 14.
All of the players voted her their winner – there were also other awards, such as Most Improved Player.
To mark her achievement, at the band’s Christmas bash on December 22, she was awarded the Dunmow Wind Band Presidents Cup and Musical Directors certificate.
Kiera’s mum, Ann Walker, who is also a talented musician on the saxophone and is also in the band, said: “I am very proud of her, she’s done very well.”
You may also want to watch:
The whole family is musical, as her grandad was a former military musician on the clarinet and saxophone.
She goes to Saffron Walden County High for school, and has recently passed a music exam on the recorder.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze