Dunmow United Football Club send boots and kit to Ghana
- Credit: Archant
Football boots and other kit and brand new footballs have found their way to poor children in Ghana thanks to the generousity of youngsters at Dunmow United Football Club.
Surplus football kit is being donated to youth teams in Ghana, through the African Youth Development organisation’s project, One Voice one Game.
Garry Clamp, the Dunmow’s club secretary said: “As we prepared for the 2015-2016 season, we had a fantastic response from our existing sponsors in addition to attracting new ones.
“We are hugely grateful to all our benefactors for the opportunities their investment provides. At the same time, we are acutely aware of how privileged we are in a world that loves playing football. So others can also benefit from our good fortune we have been working with the One Voice One Game project.
“They identified an orphanage called Children’s Home of Hope. The orphanage has a male and female football team that competes in youth football tournaments in the central region of Ghana.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as kit, the Dunmow players, the under 13 Vipers and under 13 Pythons, have sent out boots and new footballs donated by the Football Association.
Dunmow Vipers sponsor, Anton Lavery managing director of Atlas Winch and Hoist Services (Southern) Ltd said: “We recognise what a valuable role sport can play in a young person’s development, helping them to gain confidence, make friends and learn respect for one another as well as having a good time playing the game they love.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
“To think this kit will now go to Ghana to benefit some less fortunate children is wonderful and we would like to thank and commend Dunmow United for their efforts with a very worthy cause.”