Dunmow traffic scheme to get green light
TRAFFIC lights will be installed on a junction as part of an agreement for Great Dunmow s new recycling and waste transfer station, located at the end of Chelmsford Road next to the Travelodge hotel. Hoblongs junction will be improved by a widening scheme
TRAFFIC lights will be installed on a junction as part of an agreement for Great Dunmow's new recycling and waste transfer station, located at the end of Chelmsford Road next to the Travelodge hotel.
Hoblongs junction will be improved by a widening scheme to allow refuse lorries to operate and also traffic lights will be installed to make the junction safer.
Essex County Council landfill restoration manager, Andrew Brown, said: "Highways are satisfied with the scheme and a condition will be added to the planning application stating that the junction will be improved before the waste centre is completed.
"Nearby police and ambulance stations will also be able to remotely trigger the new lights in order to speed up their exits in case of an emergency."
You may also want to watch:
The new waste centre will be handling a maximum of 40,000 tonnes of waste per year of which 10,000 is expected to be public recycling. Mr Brown said that all the waste handled would come entirely from the Dunmow area.
Also, waste vehicles parked overnight will also be hosed down at the end of the working day to reduce nasty smells from the site.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
IS the new centre at Hoblongs a good thing for Dunmow? Give us your opinion - e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org