Dunmow traffic scheme to get green light
TRAFFIC lights will be installed on a junction as part of an agreement for Great Dunmow s new recycling and waste transfer station, located at the end of Chelmsford Road next to the Travelodge hotel. Hoblongs junction will be improved by a widening scheme
TRAFFIC lights will be installed on a junction as part of an agreement for Great Dunmow's new recycling and waste transfer station, located at the end of Chelmsford Road next to the Travelodge hotel.
Hoblongs junction will be improved by a widening scheme to allow refuse lorries to operate and also traffic lights will be installed to make the junction safer.
Essex County Council landfill restoration manager, Andrew Brown, said: "Highways are satisfied with the scheme and a condition will be added to the planning application stating that the junction will be improved before the waste centre is completed.
"Nearby police and ambulance stations will also be able to remotely trigger the new lights in order to speed up their exits in case of an emergency."
You may also want to watch:
The new waste centre will be handling a maximum of 40,000 tonnes of waste per year of which 10,000 is expected to be public recycling. Mr Brown said that all the waste handled would come entirely from the Dunmow area.
Also, waste vehicles parked overnight will also be hosed down at the end of the working day to reduce nasty smells from the site.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
IS the new centre at Hoblongs a good thing for Dunmow? Give us your opinion - e-mail us at email@example.com