Dunmow to host Essex book festival
TWO top authors were announced as the first patrons of the Essex Book Festival by organisers on Friday. Prof Germaine Greer and Francis Wheen both live in Essex and have taken part in the festival in the past. County Cllr Iris Pummell, cabinet member for
TWO top authors were announced as the first patrons of the Essex Book Festival by organisers on Friday.
Prof Germaine Greer and Francis Wheen both live in Essex and have taken part in the festival in the past.
County Cllr Iris Pummell, cabinet member for community services, said: "We are delighted to have both Germaine and Francis lending their support to this fabulous event."
The festival will be coming to Dunmow on March 21, 2007, when genealogist Nick Barratt from television's Who Do You Think You Are? will visit Helena Romanes School.
You may also want to watch:
Writer and broadcaster Germaine Greer is regarded as one of the most significant feminist voices of the
20th century. Francis Wheen is a writer and journalist.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
Tickets for this event will be on sale from January 8, 2007 priced at £4 and £6 each. Full more details check out www.essexbookfestival.org.uk