Dunmow to host Essex book festival
TWO top authors were announced as the first patrons of the Essex Book Festival by organisers on Friday. Prof Germaine Greer and Francis Wheen both live in Essex and have taken part in the festival in the past. County Cllr Iris Pummell, cabinet member for
TWO top authors were announced as the first patrons of the Essex Book Festival by organisers on Friday.
Prof Germaine Greer and Francis Wheen both live in Essex and have taken part in the festival in the past.
County Cllr Iris Pummell, cabinet member for community services, said: "We are delighted to have both Germaine and Francis lending their support to this fabulous event."
The festival will be coming to Dunmow on March 21, 2007, when genealogist Nick Barratt from television's Who Do You Think You Are? will visit Helena Romanes School.
You may also want to watch:
Writer and broadcaster Germaine Greer is regarded as one of the most significant feminist voices of the
20th century. Francis Wheen is a writer and journalist.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
Tickets for this event will be on sale from January 8, 2007 priced at £4 and £6 each. Full more details check out www.essexbookfestival.org.uk