Dunmow teenager prepares to wow audiences in professional ballet production
- Credit: Archant
A talented teenager from Great Dunmow is set to wow audiences later this month as she takes to the stage for a professional ballet performance.
Rebecca Grymonprez, 14, will star in Sleeping Beauty at the Dartford Orchard Theatre from August 25 to 26, working international principal dancers including Monica Tapiador, Amy Drew and Oliver Speers.
The youngster was selected for the production after sailing through two gruelling auditions held by the English Youth Ballet in February.
The audition saw around 200 hopeful dancers from across the region compete for places before starting rehearsals in London.
One of Rebecca’s fellow dancers, Brenden Bratulic, who has previously danced with the English National Ballet, said: “The young dancers are treated like professional dancers during rehearsals – we work them hard but the results are fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“They learn what the life of a professional dancer is like. They are living their dream and they just love it.”
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan