Dunmow teenager prepares to wow audiences in professional ballet production
- Credit: Archant
A talented teenager from Great Dunmow is set to wow audiences later this month as she takes to the stage for a professional ballet performance.
Rebecca Grymonprez, 14, will star in Sleeping Beauty at the Dartford Orchard Theatre from August 25 to 26, working international principal dancers including Monica Tapiador, Amy Drew and Oliver Speers.
The youngster was selected for the production after sailing through two gruelling auditions held by the English Youth Ballet in February.
The audition saw around 200 hopeful dancers from across the region compete for places before starting rehearsals in London.
One of Rebecca’s fellow dancers, Brenden Bratulic, who has previously danced with the English National Ballet, said: “The young dancers are treated like professional dancers during rehearsals – we work them hard but the results are fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“They learn what the life of a professional dancer is like. They are living their dream and they just love it.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows