Dunmow teenager prepares to wow audiences in professional ballet production
- Credit: Archant
A talented teenager from Great Dunmow is set to wow audiences later this month as she takes to the stage for a professional ballet performance.
Rebecca Grymonprez, 14, will star in Sleeping Beauty at the Dartford Orchard Theatre from August 25 to 26, working international principal dancers including Monica Tapiador, Amy Drew and Oliver Speers.
The youngster was selected for the production after sailing through two gruelling auditions held by the English Youth Ballet in February.
The audition saw around 200 hopeful dancers from across the region compete for places before starting rehearsals in London.
One of Rebecca’s fellow dancers, Brenden Bratulic, who has previously danced with the English National Ballet, said: “The young dancers are treated like professional dancers during rehearsals – we work them hard but the results are fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“They learn what the life of a professional dancer is like. They are living their dream and they just love it.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex