Dunmow teenager crying out for help to achieve her Malaysian dream
- Credit: Archant
Once in a lifetime opportunities are not to be missed, which is why a Dunmow teenager needs YOUR help to make sure she can embark on hers this September.
Emily Senior hopes to be flying to Malaysia to spend a year either teaching or working in an orphanage with the charity, Project Trust.
And over the past few months she has been working tirelessly to raise the £7,000 she needs to take part in the adventure.
She said: “I am really excited. I was really happy when I got selected.
“When we were away we had to pick our top three places we wanted to go and I got my top choice – I liked the look of Malaysia and I liked the look of the projects.”
You may also want to watch:
Emily, of North Street, decided to apply for the trip because she did not want to go straight to university after completing her A-levels – and thought this would be a rewarding opportunity.
“This is a bit more structured than just going away travelling and I think it will benefit me more,” she added.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
“My main worry is the language barrier. When we go we have a couple of weeks in the capital doing a crash course on the language and we basically have to speak fluently – it will be hard.
“But I am excited to just be away from home for such a long time and I am going to be getting so many new experiences.”
The 18-year-old has already reached half of her target and has organised a quiz night and plans to take part in a bungee jump to keep boosting funds.
The quiz will take place on Saturday, March 15, at Barnston Village Hall and tickets cost £5 per person. Teams can be made up of eight members.
To book tickets call 01371 875372 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to donate to Emily’s cause, visit virginmoneygiving.com/EmilySenior or virginmoneygiving.com/projecttrustbungeejump