Dunmow drive-in concert was a success and raised money for St Mary’s Church
- Credit: Andy King
The first drive-in concert fundraiser for St Mary’s Church, Great Dunmow, has been declared a huge success and raised over £500.
Organised by Andy King, it included The Great Dunmow Town Band Ensemble, Afterglow and others who performed in the church car park, while concert-goers enjoyed the music from their vehicles.
In keeping the spirit of a drive-in, Sandy’s Diner served burgers and hot dogs.
The weather was also kind, as it was a sunny day.
Andy said: “In these difficult and uncertain times the performing arts are having a tough time putting on live shows in a safe way and drive in events are becoming the best way to do this to ensure social distance.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the first time a drive-in event has been in Great Dunmow and with the success of this more will be planned.”
All money made from the concert will help towards the running costs of the church.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 7 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail