Dunmow students celebrate at summer prom
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils from The Helena Romanes School partied the night away at their summer prom to mark the end of the school year.
Students gathered at Parklands Quendon Hall, a picturesque venue surrounded by 100 acres of deer park, for an evening of celebration.
The event followed the pupils’ final school assembly, which saw songs and dances performed by the youngsters, along with several speeches.
Beverley Curran, director of learning for Year 11, said: “The girls all looked stunning in their dresses and the boys were all extremely handsome in their suits. The students were praised for their excellent behaviour by the venue staff.
“It was an evening filled with dancing, laughter and really good food.
You may also want to watch:
“The students now await their GCSE results and will be off to take their places at sixth form and college. We wish them every success and all the best for the future. They have been a fabulous year group, a hard act to follow.”
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Oliver Purvis of Flitch Green is jailed for assaulting a woman and a teenager