Dunmow students celebrate at summer prom
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils from The Helena Romanes School partied the night away at their summer prom to mark the end of the school year.
Students gathered at Parklands Quendon Hall, a picturesque venue surrounded by 100 acres of deer park, for an evening of celebration.
The event followed the pupils’ final school assembly, which saw songs and dances performed by the youngsters, along with several speeches.
Beverley Curran, director of learning for Year 11, said: “The girls all looked stunning in their dresses and the boys were all extremely handsome in their suits. The students were praised for their excellent behaviour by the venue staff.
“It was an evening filled with dancing, laughter and really good food.
You may also want to watch:
“The students now await their GCSE results and will be off to take their places at sixth form and college. We wish them every success and all the best for the future. They have been a fabulous year group, a hard act to follow.”
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 3 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 4 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 5 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 8 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 9 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 10 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield