Success in Rotary Club of Dunmow Schools Competition
- Credit: Rotary Club of Dunmow
Young people have been presented with their awards for succeeding in this year’s Rotary Club of Dunmow’s Schools Competition.
As these are national competitions, winners were sent to the District (Essex) competition and those winners are sent to the national Rotary competition.
Brian Tranter said: “The Rotary Club of Dunmow holds several competitions for young people from five to 18 every year.
“Usually we hold a special awards evening in May, but due to Covid, this was postponed, and the awards are being presented in schools this year.
“The judges were impressed with the over all standard of the entries, and wish to thank all those taking part.”
You may also want to watch:
At Great Dunmow Primary School, Lailah Albon won the overall Dunmow prize for Young Writer, and the Essex District prize, with her essay on The Unwanted Puppy, under the theme ‘Connections’.
Fellow pupil Harriet Stigwood won the overall Dunmow prize for her artwork on the theme ‘Through My Eyes’ in the Young Artist Competition.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 7 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
Prizes have also been given to pupils in Helena Romanes, Felsted and Stebbing schools.
At Felsted, Willow-Mae B fwon both the school prize and the overall Dunmow prize for Young Photographer in the Junior section, and Georgie P won both Young Artist and Young Writer prizes for the school.
The winners were:
YOUNG WRITER COMPETITION. Theme: Connections
Helena Romanes School Louise Mourton
Felsted Primary School Winner: Georgie Powell
Dunmow Primary School Winner: Lailah Albon, age 7
Overall Dunmow winner: Lailah Albon, Great Dunmow Primary School.
Lailah also won the District Junior prize for Young Writer
YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION –Theme “THROUGH MY EYES”
Junior: Georgina Powell
Great Dunmow Primary School
Infant: Harriet Stigwood
Junior: Amelie Coles
Junior: Hollie Reeve
Overall winner, Dunmow: Harriet Stigwood, Great Dunmow Primary
YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHER COMPETITION, Junior. Theme: Through my eyes
Stebbing Primary: Isla Purkiss
Felsted Primary: Willow Mae Bryan
Great Dunmow Primary: Gabriella Rea
Overall Dunmow winner: Willow Mae Bryan, Felsted
YOUTH SPEAKS- a Debate:
Intermediate Team Winners: Ellie Dinning, Danielle Fookes, Toby Stringer, Felsted School
Senior Team Winners: Henry Dean, Vivian Beale, Charlotte Perry, Felsted.