Head chef Alex Webb in the kitchen for MasterChef: The Professionals
- Credit: MasterChef
A Dunmow head chef is back in the MasterChef kitchen on television tonight (Tuesday), having reached the semi-finals.
Alex Webb from Square 1 Restaurant on the High Street is one of 10 remaining chefs in the contest, MasterChef: The Professionals.
His skills are being judged by Michelin-starred chef Marcus Wareing, highly-reputed chef Monica Galetti and MasterChef judge Gregg Wallace.
The show, on BBC One at 9pm, will set the remaining chefs the challenge of producing a dish based around their favourite Food Memory.
The group of 10 will be split into two groups of five for the cooking, but they will ultimately all be cooking off against each other.
You may also want to watch:
They need to wow the three judges with a knockout dish, which exemplifies the way in which food can remind you of wonderful times. The chefs have 90 minutes. The five strongest will go straight through to the next round.
The five weakest chefs showcase their talents in an Invention Test where they must create a dish you could order from a fine dining food delivery experience.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 4 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
For two hopefuls their journey must come to an end.
The three best chefs will join the five from the previous round and continue in their pursuit of the trophy.
To not spoil anyone’s viewing fun, chefs are asked to keep tight lipped until the programme airs.
Alex - also known as Chef Webb - cooked a chicken thigh dish for the dreaded Skills Test, in an episode which previously aired.