Dunmow skate enthusiasts praised for effort
TEENAGERS who took fundraising matters into their own hands to provide extra skating facilities at a park in Great Dunmow have been rewarded for their efforts. Six enthusiastic youngsters were awarded with certificates by the town s Mayor Gwynn Davies las
TEENAGERS who took fundraising matters into their own hands to provide extra skating facilities at a park in Great Dunmow have been rewarded for their efforts.
Six enthusiastic youngsters were awarded with certificates by the town's Mayor Gwynn Davies last Thursday following a successful bid to raise �3500 for an extra 'fill-in' ramp at the recreation ground.
With the support of the town council, and especially youth co-ordinator Neil Tuttlebury, the team managed to take the lead with a project and were successful in gaining grants from two applications for youth Capital funding, provided by the Essex Youth Bank.
Cllr Tuttlebury paid tribute to their efforts. He said: "The recipients and the town should be proud of their voluntary involvement in developing an existing community facility
You may also want to watch:
"The Essex Youth Awards are in three parts - personal development, working with others and community involvement. They are all awarded by Essex County Council and are a great asset to their personal CV's.
He added: "The ramp has been a huge hit with skate-boarders, roller-bladers and bikers alike since it was installed earlier in the year."
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again
The teenager's achievements have also been formally recognised with a special celebration evening at the Uttlesford District Council held on December 3.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Follow us on Facebook by joining the group I read the Dunmow Broadcast or join us on Twitter by searching for broadcast24.
E-mail us your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org.