Shop Local: Luckins Wine Store is open and also offers delivery
- Credit: Luckins Wine Store, Lilly Kelsey
A huge selection of competitively priced wine, great service and same day free delivery to your door if you live in Dunmow or the surrounding villages.
Luckins Wine Store in the town’s Market Place offers all these things.
Store owner David Kelsey said the community supported them during the last lockdown and he hopes that continues this time too.
LINKED: Shop Local
As an essential store, Luckins is able to remain open seven days a week.
Shoppers can call and collect, or the store can deliver.
You may also want to watch:
David said: “We’re pleased with the amount of people that come in. We also want to welcome new customers.
“I don’t know if people have noticed, but if you look at the back of supermarket wines, a lot are bottled by a business based in Bristol. Our wines are authentic.”
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
David said they had a vast range, and some very competitive prices, some of which are cheaper than elsewhere.
They offer no-pressure advice if you want to think about trying something new, and bottles can make great gifts if there is a birthday or special occasion on the horizon.
They stock spirits, ports and cocktails, and countdown to Christmas gin and beer advent calendars.
If you have a special occasion on the horizon, they stock champagne brands such as Cristal and Dom Perignon.
“We are a small independent. We constantly price check things to make sure we are in the same ballpark,” he said.
“People should come to us because we have better products, better prices, and great wines!”
They have a current offer of a mixed dozen bottles of wines which works at £4.08 a bottle.
They also have Bishop Nick beer from Braintree, which has won several East Anglia Champion Beer of Britain gold awards.
This year the Great Taste awards gave a gold star to the Heresy Golden Ale, adding to last year’s gold stars for Ridley’s Rite and amber ale 1555.
We urge people to continue to #ShopLocal. Where are you shopping? Are you an independent trader who is still open during this second lockdown? Get in touch and let us know.