Shop Local: Luckins Wine Store is open and also offers delivery
- Credit: Luckins Wine Store, Lilly Kelsey
A huge selection of competitively priced wine, great service and same day free delivery to your door if you live in Dunmow or the surrounding villages.
Luckins Wine Store in the town’s Market Place offers all these things.
Store owner David Kelsey said the community supported them during the last lockdown and he hopes that continues this time too.
LINKED: Shop Local
As an essential store, Luckins is able to remain open seven days a week.
Shoppers can call and collect, or the store can deliver.
You may also want to watch:
David said: “We’re pleased with the amount of people that come in. We also want to welcome new customers.
“I don’t know if people have noticed, but if you look at the back of supermarket wines, a lot are bottled by a business based in Bristol. Our wines are authentic.”
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 5 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 8 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
David said they had a vast range, and some very competitive prices, some of which are cheaper than elsewhere.
They offer no-pressure advice if you want to think about trying something new, and bottles can make great gifts if there is a birthday or special occasion on the horizon.
They stock spirits, ports and cocktails, and countdown to Christmas gin and beer advent calendars.
If you have a special occasion on the horizon, they stock champagne brands such as Cristal and Dom Perignon.
“We are a small independent. We constantly price check things to make sure we are in the same ballpark,” he said.
“People should come to us because we have better products, better prices, and great wines!”
They have a current offer of a mixed dozen bottles of wines which works at £4.08 a bottle.
They also have Bishop Nick beer from Braintree, which has won several East Anglia Champion Beer of Britain gold awards.
This year the Great Taste awards gave a gold star to the Heresy Golden Ale, adding to last year’s gold stars for Ridley’s Rite and amber ale 1555.
We urge people to continue to #ShopLocal. Where are you shopping? Are you an independent trader who is still open during this second lockdown? Get in touch and let us know.