Dunmow Scouts wish long-established secretary farewell
- Credit: Archant
The Dunmow Scout Group wished farewell to their secretary of five years at an annual general meeting.
Sarah Cousins, 55, from Broxted, first started helping the scout group when her children, Emma and Matthew, joined in 2006.
Notably, Sarah organised the scout's tea tent at the Dunmow Flitch Trials in 2012 and 2016, as well as at the Dunmow Carnival.
"I have enjoyed being able to give something back," she said.
"All of the people that run scouting groups are all volunteers. A lot of them have been doing it all their lives and I felt it was a little thing I could do for them."
You may also want to watch:
As her children are grown up, Sarah is giving up the position so younger parents can step forward.
During the annual meeting, group scout leader Mike Best thanked Sarah for her hard work and presented her with a bouquet of flowers.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases