Dunmow scout heads to world event
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow man is just one of the volunteers representing the UK at the 23rd World Scout Jamboree in Japan until
Jesse Lucas, is a member of the International Service Team (IST), and the 19-year-old will meet people from all over the world during the two-week event in Yamaguchi City.
With 1,000 members from the UK, the 6,000-strong IST not only organises the international event, they plan and run the activities for the 30,000 participants.
Jesse, pictured, said: “I’m working on the safety team and we want to make sure everyone gets the most out of this
You may also want to watch:
life-changing event. My team is a real mix of cultures and we’re all looking forward to getting stuck in.”
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan