Dunmow scout heads to world event
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow man is just one of the volunteers representing the UK at the 23rd World Scout Jamboree in Japan until
Jesse Lucas, is a member of the International Service Team (IST), and the 19-year-old will meet people from all over the world during the two-week event in Yamaguchi City.
With 1,000 members from the UK, the 6,000-strong IST not only organises the international event, they plan and run the activities for the 30,000 participants.
Jesse, pictured, said: “I’m working on the safety team and we want to make sure everyone gets the most out of this
You may also want to watch:
life-changing event. My team is a real mix of cultures and we’re all looking forward to getting stuck in.”
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 4 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 5 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 6 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 9 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm