Great Dunmow Primary School receives a Music Mark for their music education
- Credit: Great Dunmow Primary School headteacher Kevin Watts
Great Dunmow Primary School has received a Music Mark, having been nominated for the award by Essex Music Hub.
The Music Mark demonstrates the school has shown a commitment to providing a high-quality music education.
Headteacher Kevin Watts said music is an important part of their curriculum. The Music Mark is in addition to the school’s existing Arts Mark.
“I am really pleased that the commitment to the arts in the school and in particularly music has been recognised by this national mark.
“We strive to offer a broad and balanced curriculum placing equal importance to all curriculum subjects.
You may also want to watch:
“Some pupils who may not excel in English or Maths may have a flair for music so it’s important that we provide opportunities for all pupils to embrace something that they enjoy and have an interest in.
“We have visiting music teachers for clarinet, drums, keyboard, violin and guitar. We have our own choir and primary orchestra and we have extra-curricular clubs that are music based such as Recorder.”
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 4 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford