Dunmow’s waste management centre gets green light
A WASTE management centre for Great Dunmow has finally been given the go ahead. Set to be located just off the Hoblongs Junction in the south of the town the site will be home to refuse trucks as well as being a rubbish storage and handling centre. Contai
A WASTE management centre for Great Dunmow has finally been given the go ahead.
Set to be located just off the Hoblongs Junction in the south of the town the site will be home to refuse trucks as well as being a rubbish storage and handling centre.
Containers will also be available for the public to come along and dispose of household goods.
The centre will be built at the back of the ambulance station next to the Travelodge hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission was granted by Essex County Council today (Friday March 5) subject to road improvements being made.
According to the planning document this could mean either traffic lights or large scale junction improvements.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 10 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
The plans have caused some controversy and have angered residents living nearby who say that the new facility will be a blight on their home life and will lower house prices.
Pick up next week's Dunmow Broadcast for more