Dunmow’s waste management centre gets green light
A WASTE management centre for Great Dunmow has finally been given the go ahead. Set to be located just off the Hoblongs Junction in the south of the town the site will be home to refuse trucks as well as being a rubbish storage and handling centre. Contai
A WASTE management centre for Great Dunmow has finally been given the go ahead.
Set to be located just off the Hoblongs Junction in the south of the town the site will be home to refuse trucks as well as being a rubbish storage and handling centre.
Containers will also be available for the public to come along and dispose of household goods.
The centre will be built at the back of the ambulance station next to the Travelodge hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission was granted by Essex County Council today (Friday March 5) subject to road improvements being made.
According to the planning document this could mean either traffic lights or large scale junction improvements.
- 1 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 2 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 3 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 4 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
The plans have caused some controversy and have angered residents living nearby who say that the new facility will be a blight on their home life and will lower house prices.
Pick up next week's Dunmow Broadcast for more