Dunmow’s Rotary Club enjoy magical end to 2010
DUNMOW’S Rotary club has enjoyed a spectacular Christmas with a huge sum of money raised for a number of charities and a surprise visit from an international friend.
Throughout December, the Rotarians have worked tirelessly to raise almost �2000 for local and national charities by asking for donations.
In the run-up to Christmas the Rotary Club and explorer scouts visited hundreds of houses on their sleigh, despite the wintry conditions, and were able to raise �932 through everyone’s generosity.
A further �1015 was collected by Rotarians outside Dunmow’s Tesco supermarket earlier this month, bringing the total amount raised to �1947.
Dunmow’s Rotarians were also able to strengthen their international ties with Portugal after a surprise visit from Ann Harrison, who is a member of the Rotary Club of Porches. On a previous visit Ann had been presented with a Dunmow banner to take back to the Algarve; this time round it was Ann who presented to the Dunmow Rotarians.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the club said: “All in all, the Rotary Club has enjoyed a fantastic December with the money raised from the sleigh going towards a Shelter Box, and will also be used to make a contribution to Rotary International’s drive to eradicate Polio. Money will be also donated to charities supported by the Rotary Club both local and national.
“We would like to say a huge thank you to the people of the town and surrounding villages for their support.”
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 5 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 8 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19