Dunmow's Rotary Club arrange magical performance from the Essex Police Choir
MEMBERS of a rotary club have done it once again by raising over �1000 for charity through hosting a one-off church concert. Great Dunmow's Rotary Club arranged a magical performance from the Essex Police Choir inside the town's St Mary s Church.
MEMBERS of a rotary club have "done it once again" by raising over �1000 for charity through hosting a one-off church concert.
Great Dunmow's rotary club arranged a magical performance from the Essex Police Choir inside the town's St Mary's Church and were delighted to see a bumper audience of over 150 people come through the door.
Rotarian Peter Fox said: "Dunmow rotary has done it yet again - it was a superb concert raising substantial funds for charity.
"Over 150 tickets were sold including 65 on the door and the evening was a great success raising nearly �1200 to be shared between two charities - Children with Leukaemia and the Teenage Cancer Trust."
You may also want to watch:
The concert was a follow up to last year when the same club managed to pull together an evening of classical music which also raised thousands for charity.
Following this year's evening which took place on May 27, Mr Fox added: "It was a wonderful evening in a truly great location."
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
DID you enjoy the concert or are you arranging a similar event? Tell us about it! E-mail email@example.com