Dunmow's new library to be officially opened by Essex County Council chairman
DUNMOW S new library is to be officially opened by the chairman of Essex County Council, Cllr Elizabeth Hart, on Thursday (July 30). The �1million library, which is situated opposite the Co-Op in White Street, has been busy ever since it opened to the pub
DUNMOW'S new library is to be officially opened by the chairman of Essex County Council, Cllr Elizabeth Hart, on Thursday (July 30).
The �1million library, which is situated opposite the Co-Op in White Street, has been busy ever since it opened to the public on June 22.
Readers have been enjoying the big increase in the choice of books and DVDs, the extended opening hours, and the fantastic atmosphere of the new building. Borrowers can issue and return their books through the latest in self-service technology
The good news has travelled fast and in the first four weeks of opening 823 people have joined - an amazing 30 per cent increase in the library membership.
You may also want to watch:
And with more than double the floor space of the old library, the building is proving itself a great asset to the community.
Uttlesford District Council has moved in with a help desk, and Essex Police is conducting twice weekly surgeries. The meetings rooms available for hire are already proving popular.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 The first ever Flitch Green Fun Day in pictures
The county council's cabinet member for adults, heath and community wellbeing, Cllr Finch, said: "Dunmow has been waiting a long time for this new library, and it is wonderful to know how much it is being welcomed and appreciated.