Dunmow’s library the 10th busiest in Essex
MEMBERSHIP at Dunmow Library has more than doubled in the one year since its opening.
The town library first opened its doors on June 22 2009 and has been a big success with over 3000 people joining, while issues have soared to 130,000.
Hour for hour, this makes Dunmow the 10th busiest library in Essex in comparison with the county’s 73 branches.
Reading groups have also flocked to the White Street venue with 26 now using the facilities, borrowing multiple copies for their chosen books to read and discuss.
The 10 computers for public use offer free internet access, plus all the usual Microsoft applications, and a vast array of extra information such as free use of Ancestry to check out family history. UK online computer courses will be on offer later this summer.
You may also want to watch:
Children have been given a real treat at the library as well - the story times are a great success and each holiday has seen events for them to join in.
The summer is no exception, and this year’s ‘Space Hop’ summer reading challenge will give children a chance to collect stickers and a medal.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF DUNMOW’S LIBRARY? E-mail us at email@example.com