Dunmow Round Table’s Duck Race success
IN conditions only suitable for ducks, more than 50 families braved a downpour to take part in Dunmow Round Table’s annual race.
As the rain poured, the current along the Chelmer increased, providing the conditions for the 2011 Duck Race to be a fast affair.
At 11am the rubber ducks were dropped in the river and the race was under way.
With reeds and plants providing untimely obstacles for some, eliminating them from contention, others raced along to the finish line under the Braintree Road bridge.
This year’s winning duck belonged to three-year-old Emily Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
Emily’s dad Robert said: “I was so chuffed that she had won. Unfortunately Emily was most upset that she couldn’t keep the duck but thankfully my sister, Angeline, kindly gave her a toy duck to keep her quiet.”
The Round Table raised approximately �500 for local charities.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash