Dunmow Rotary provides 1,000 facemasks to a care home and cash to two organisations that support the community in times of need
- Credit: David Beedle
Dunmow Rotary has purchased 1,000 facemasks and donated them to Redbond Lodge Care Home.
Rotary in Essex found a supplier of PPE masks and other Rotary Clubs across the county also took advantage, with a total of 159,000 being donated across Essex.
President Willie Fraser delivered the masks to care home manager Sam Dearlove.
Since lockdown, Rotary are still meeting on a Thursday lunchtime - but via video conferencing platform, and with no lunch!
However, their lunch money has been banked and a £1,400 cheque has been sent to Uttlesford Food Bank this week. This money could buy approximately 600 tins of meat or 4,200 toilet rolls!
You may also want to watch:
The Club has also presented £800 raised pre-lockdown through the annual Rose Bowl Quiz to the Alexia Wilson Trust. The Trust makes grants to individuals and families to alleviate poverty, help hardship cases, and support families.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing