Dunmow Rotary provides 1,000 facemasks to a care home and cash to two organisations that support the community in times of need
- Credit: David Beedle
Dunmow Rotary has purchased 1,000 facemasks and donated them to Redbond Lodge Care Home.
Rotary in Essex found a supplier of PPE masks and other Rotary Clubs across the county also took advantage, with a total of 159,000 being donated across Essex.
President Willie Fraser delivered the masks to care home manager Sam Dearlove.
Since lockdown, Rotary are still meeting on a Thursday lunchtime - but via video conferencing platform, and with no lunch!
However, their lunch money has been banked and a £1,400 cheque has been sent to Uttlesford Food Bank this week. This money could buy approximately 600 tins of meat or 4,200 toilet rolls!
You may also want to watch:
The Club has also presented £800 raised pre-lockdown through the annual Rose Bowl Quiz to the Alexia Wilson Trust. The Trust makes grants to individuals and families to alleviate poverty, help hardship cases, and support families.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 7 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 8 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list