Dunmow Rotary donate £9200 to local and national charities
- Credit: Archant
OVER 20 charities have benefitted from donations raised during Richard Amott’s year as president of the Rotary Club of Dunmow.
In total £9,200 has been distributed to local and national good causes, including the Scouts, Girl Guides, Essex Air Ambulance, St Clare’s Hospice, Sports Aid, Dunmow Museum, Thaxted Carers and Dunmow Stroke Support Group.
The President’s charity, Children with Cancer, received £1,000 and donations were also sent to Shelter Box, Mediciens san Frontier, Mercy Ship, and Jaipur Limb.
At the lunch time meeting on Thursday, Mr Amott thanked the club for its support during the year and passed on the president’s chain of office to the incoming president, Richard Harris.
Chris Barrett has been appointed club secretary replacing Frank Warboys.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Richard Harris by calling 01371 873786.
- 1 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 2 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 3 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 4 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 8 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud