Dunmow Rotary donate £9200 to local and national charities
- Credit: Archant
OVER 20 charities have benefitted from donations raised during Richard Amott’s year as president of the Rotary Club of Dunmow.
In total £9,200 has been distributed to local and national good causes, including the Scouts, Girl Guides, Essex Air Ambulance, St Clare’s Hospice, Sports Aid, Dunmow Museum, Thaxted Carers and Dunmow Stroke Support Group.
The President’s charity, Children with Cancer, received £1,000 and donations were also sent to Shelter Box, Mediciens san Frontier, Mercy Ship, and Jaipur Limb.
At the lunch time meeting on Thursday, Mr Amott thanked the club for its support during the year and passed on the president’s chain of office to the incoming president, Richard Harris.
Chris Barrett has been appointed club secretary replacing Frank Warboys.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Richard Harris by calling 01371 873786.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced