Dunmow Rotary Club sets its aims
DUNMOW Rotary Club has set out its aims for the coming year, and it involves supporting the town s first ever triathlon. Following the president change for the club – David Green taking over from Ian Terry – the new man gave out his aims and ambitions for
DUNMOW Rotary Club has set out its aims for the coming year, and it involves supporting the town's first ever triathlon.
Following the president change for the club - David Green taking over from Ian Terry - the new man gave out his aims and ambitions for the coming 12 months.
Mr Green said: "We want to get closer to the community by assisting in projects, including the triathlon on Sunday September 13.
"We will also be continuing with our terrific Playpumps appeal, led mainly by John Bridges who has put in an amazing effort. So far we have raised over �35,000 towards five pumps which allow children to play on a roundabout whilst automatically pumping water from out of the ground in South Africa. We want to make it at least six."
You may also want to watch:
Two weeks ago, both Mr Bridges and the club as a whole received awards in recognition of their fundraising efforts for children in Africa. Mr Bridges is currently out in South Africa helping to install some of the pumps.
Dunmow's first triathlon has already attracted over 200 entries and there is currently a waiting list in operation. All money raised will go to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians