Dunmow Rotary club donates £6,500 to local charities
The Rotary Club of Dunmow will donate a total of £9,800 to charities and good causes.
Community committee chairman Eric Rogers held a meeting early last week to decide how best to distribute the profits from events held by the club this year.
A list was drawn up and copies distributed at the Thursday lunch time meeting where, after a few minor adjustments, the revised list was voted on and agreed.
A total of £6,500 will go to 20 local charities including SportsAid, Essex Air ambulance, St Clare’s Hospice, Uttlesford community travel and Dunmow and Takeley Scouts.
The club president Richard Harris, as his chosen charity, will be presenting a cheque for £1,100 to Mediciens sans Frontiers from a total of £1,750 pot donated to four international charities. Other funds have already been distributed in the year to, amongst others, tthe charity Mary’s Meals.
You may also want to watch:
The club also agreed £1,550 to be distributed to seven national charities including the Dunmow based Fragile X Society.
Dunmow Rotary Club is a non secular club open to both men and women with professional qualifications and/or proprietors and managers of local businesses.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry at Lipson’s photography, 01371 872129.