Dunmow Rotary club donates £6,500 to local charities
The Rotary Club of Dunmow will donate a total of £9,800 to charities and good causes.
Community committee chairman Eric Rogers held a meeting early last week to decide how best to distribute the profits from events held by the club this year.
A list was drawn up and copies distributed at the Thursday lunch time meeting where, after a few minor adjustments, the revised list was voted on and agreed.
A total of £6,500 will go to 20 local charities including SportsAid, Essex Air ambulance, St Clare’s Hospice, Uttlesford community travel and Dunmow and Takeley Scouts.
The club president Richard Harris, as his chosen charity, will be presenting a cheque for £1,100 to Mediciens sans Frontiers from a total of £1,750 pot donated to four international charities. Other funds have already been distributed in the year to, amongst others, tthe charity Mary’s Meals.
You may also want to watch:
The club also agreed £1,550 to be distributed to seven national charities including the Dunmow based Fragile X Society.
Dunmow Rotary Club is a non secular club open to both men and women with professional qualifications and/or proprietors and managers of local businesses.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry at Lipson’s photography, 01371 872129.