Dunmow Rotary club donates £6,500 to local charities
The Rotary Club of Dunmow will donate a total of £9,800 to charities and good causes.
Community committee chairman Eric Rogers held a meeting early last week to decide how best to distribute the profits from events held by the club this year.
A list was drawn up and copies distributed at the Thursday lunch time meeting where, after a few minor adjustments, the revised list was voted on and agreed.
A total of £6,500 will go to 20 local charities including SportsAid, Essex Air ambulance, St Clare’s Hospice, Uttlesford community travel and Dunmow and Takeley Scouts.
The club president Richard Harris, as his chosen charity, will be presenting a cheque for £1,100 to Mediciens sans Frontiers from a total of £1,750 pot donated to four international charities. Other funds have already been distributed in the year to, amongst others, tthe charity Mary’s Meals.
You may also want to watch:
The club also agreed £1,550 to be distributed to seven national charities including the Dunmow based Fragile X Society.
Dunmow Rotary Club is a non secular club open to both men and women with professional qualifications and/or proprietors and managers of local businesses.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry at Lipson’s photography, 01371 872129.