Dunmow Rotary club donates £6,500 to local charities
The Rotary Club of Dunmow will donate a total of £9,800 to charities and good causes.
Community committee chairman Eric Rogers held a meeting early last week to decide how best to distribute the profits from events held by the club this year.
A list was drawn up and copies distributed at the Thursday lunch time meeting where, after a few minor adjustments, the revised list was voted on and agreed.
A total of £6,500 will go to 20 local charities including SportsAid, Essex Air ambulance, St Clare’s Hospice, Uttlesford community travel and Dunmow and Takeley Scouts.
The club president Richard Harris, as his chosen charity, will be presenting a cheque for £1,100 to Mediciens sans Frontiers from a total of £1,750 pot donated to four international charities. Other funds have already been distributed in the year to, amongst others, tthe charity Mary’s Meals.
The club also agreed £1,550 to be distributed to seven national charities including the Dunmow based Fragile X Society.
Dunmow Rotary Club is a non secular club open to both men and women with professional qualifications and/or proprietors and managers of local businesses.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 3 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 7 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry at Lipson’s photography, 01371 872129.