Dunmow restaurant reaches final of Archant award
A CAF� owner is singing the culinary praises of Dunmow after his establishment was shortlisted for an award.
The Tea Tree has made it through to the final of Archant’s Essex Tea Room awards. Owner of the caf� that overlooks Doctors Pond, Carlos Ghosh, believes his town is home to some of the finest restaurants in the county.
Mr Ghosh said: “Dunmow has some of the best eating places in Essex, not only do we have Jalsa Ghar, which has a plethora of awards for their food, but we have a wide variety of top quality restaurants.”
Mr Ghosh who also owns Mr Grumpy’s Old Fashioned Sweet Shop told the Broadcast that he is “thrilled to bits” to be shortlisted for the award.
“It’s a great recognition for all the hard work the team put in,” he said. “We have always aimed to give our customers, value for money, homemade cakes with the finest ingredients, friendly welcome & service, picturesque surroundings.”
You may also want to watch:
2011 has been a successful year for The Tea Tree after Uttlesford District Council awarded them the Healthy Eating gold standard earlier this year. Mr Ghosh explained that the awards were born from different places.
“Being placed into the top three tea rooms in Essex is something that has be born out of our passion and enjoyment to give the best food and service we can to our customers.
- 1 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 2 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 3 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 4 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 5 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
“As it was our customers who put us in the top three, it means that everything we set out to do we have achieved, so a really big thank you to our customers new and old for all their support.”