Dunmow pupils raise hundreds for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School have raised hundreds of pounds for Great Ormond Street Hospital by taking part in fun events and turning
their hands to crafts.
The Year 1 youngsters have hit an impressive grand total of £451 after getting having a Bad Hair Day at school, and selling a collection of games, puppets and costumes they had made themselves as part of a class topic.
Year 5 children also helped with the fundraising by running a cake sale and adding £88 to the pot.
The innovative youngsters received praise from headteacher Clare Griffiths for coming up with their own ideas and being inspired to support a
You may also want to watch:
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford