Dunmow pupils raise hundreds for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School have raised hundreds of pounds for Great Ormond Street Hospital by taking part in fun events and turning
their hands to crafts.
The Year 1 youngsters have hit an impressive grand total of £451 after getting having a Bad Hair Day at school, and selling a collection of games, puppets and costumes they had made themselves as part of a class topic.
Year 5 children also helped with the fundraising by running a cake sale and adding £88 to the pot.
The innovative youngsters received praise from headteacher Clare Griffiths for coming up with their own ideas and being inspired to support a
- 1 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 3 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 4 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 5 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 6 Two cyclists taken to hospital after Great Easton crash
- 7 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 8 Christmas in Essex 2021: Top pantos in the county
- 9 Uttlesford climate change plan goes back to the drawing board
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies