Dunmow pupils raise hundreds for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School have raised hundreds of pounds for Great Ormond Street Hospital by taking part in fun events and turning
their hands to crafts.
The Year 1 youngsters have hit an impressive grand total of £451 after getting having a Bad Hair Day at school, and selling a collection of games, puppets and costumes they had made themselves as part of a class topic.
Year 5 children also helped with the fundraising by running a cake sale and adding £88 to the pot.
The innovative youngsters received praise from headteacher Clare Griffiths for coming up with their own ideas and being inspired to support a
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 3 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 4 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 5 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 8 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 9 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 10 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield