Dunmow pupils donate to food bank
- Credit: Dunmow St Mary's Primary
Pupils at Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School have taken part in Braintree food bank's "reverse advent calendar" initiative.
This month, instead of receiving a gift each day, the children have brought in a grocery item for the food bank.
The charity, which has been operating for the past five years, is run in partnership with churches in the Braintree area.
It works with organisations who come into contact with people at risk of going hungry and its offices are staffed by volunteers.
Headteacher Clare Griffiths said: “Participating in this important initiative has reminded the children that the Christmas spirit is as much about giving as receiving gifts.
You may also want to watch:
"Even though many of our own families are struggling we have still collected an incredibly generous donation for the food bank which we all hope will help those in crisis over this winter period.”
Visit email@example.com or phone 01376 330694
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows