Dunmow proves it’s got talent as pupils put on an impressive show
- Credit: Archant
Forget Britain’s Got Talent, there is more than enough in Dunmow... so school pupils have proved.
Dancers, singers, musicians and comedians all wowed the crowds at Great Dunmow Primary School for the now, traditional event.
The competition was open to all of the Key Stage 2 children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6. Two auditions were held for younger and older children which resulted in the final of Dunmow’s Got Talent on Saturday, June 14.
There were some impressive acts and it was a tough job for the judges to pick a favourite.
But it was Year 6 friends, Mia Catton and Lily-Domino Waters, who sang a rendition of She Said, who got the top vote.
In second place was E-Squared – aka Year 4 pupils Ella-Mae Weston and Erin Flynn – who performed a complex dance routine with humour and drama to ‘Bad Guys’ from Bugsy Malone.
And in third place was Sophie Atkinson, who performed a solo dance routine to Who’s Laughing Now?
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 4 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today