Dunmow proves it’s got talent as pupils put on an impressive show
- Credit: Archant
Forget Britain’s Got Talent, there is more than enough in Dunmow... so school pupils have proved.
Dancers, singers, musicians and comedians all wowed the crowds at Great Dunmow Primary School for the now, traditional event.
The competition was open to all of the Key Stage 2 children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6. Two auditions were held for younger and older children which resulted in the final of Dunmow’s Got Talent on Saturday, June 14.
There were some impressive acts and it was a tough job for the judges to pick a favourite.
But it was Year 6 friends, Mia Catton and Lily-Domino Waters, who sang a rendition of She Said, who got the top vote.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was E-Squared – aka Year 4 pupils Ella-Mae Weston and Erin Flynn – who performed a complex dance routine with humour and drama to ‘Bad Guys’ from Bugsy Malone.
And in third place was Sophie Atkinson, who performed a solo dance routine to Who’s Laughing Now?
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge