Dunmow primary school provides festive cheer
- Credit: Dunmow St Mary's Primary School
This year, many of our favourite traditions have been cancelled, however pupils and teachers at Dunmow St Mary's Primary School have refused to let the pandemic ruin the Christmas spirit.
Children at the school in High Stile filmed clips separately in their different protective bubbles before combining them in a video which will be shared with their families to download and watch.
Reception class pupils performed a singing and dancing celebration of everything Christmas.
Meanwhile, classes in years one and two put on their Christmas play, ‘A Bundle of Joy’ telling the story of the nativity from the perspective of a very grumpy donkey called Grumble.
Older year groups produced their own virtual Christmas show including dances, comedy skits and jokes.
You may also want to watch:
They signed along to the tune 'Last Christmas' - sadly no singing allowed this year - and also put together a scene called ‘how to have a Covid-safe Christmas.'
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge