Police gift Ollie a birthday surprise in Dunmow he’ll never forget
- Credit: Essex Police
Special surprise for Ollie as he turns 17.
When police officers found out that Ollie Smith was turning 17 they decided to surprise him.
An armed response vehicle, a dog unit, a roads policing response vehicle, a patrol car, a motorbike unit, and unmarked vehicle took half an hour of their shift to stop by his Dunmow home.
Ollie’s dad Mark said: “He loves Police Interceptors and anything to do with police and police enforcement, and he loves cars.
“This has been a massive surprise for Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
“I just want to say a great big thank you to all the officers involved.
“He will remember this forever, this is a memory you can’t buy. You could see his response when he saw all the cars and how excited he was.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
“Just one car stopping by with its lights on would have had him made up but this is beyond belief. It’s really made his birthday.”
PC Glen Braden from the Uttlesford Community Policing Team said: “One of the best part of being a police officer is being able to do little things that make a big difference to people.
“I’m delighted we could do this for his special day and seeing how happy he was really made our day too.”