Police gift Ollie a birthday surprise in Dunmow he’ll never forget
- Credit: Essex Police
Special surprise for Ollie as he turns 17.
When police officers found out that Ollie Smith was turning 17 they decided to surprise him.
An armed response vehicle, a dog unit, a roads policing response vehicle, a patrol car, a motorbike unit, and unmarked vehicle took half an hour of their shift to stop by his Dunmow home.
Ollie’s dad Mark said: “He loves Police Interceptors and anything to do with police and police enforcement, and he loves cars.
“This has been a massive surprise for Oliver.
“I just want to say a great big thank you to all the officers involved.
“He will remember this forever, this is a memory you can’t buy. You could see his response when he saw all the cars and how excited he was.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
“Just one car stopping by with its lights on would have had him made up but this is beyond belief. It’s really made his birthday.”
PC Glen Braden from the Uttlesford Community Policing Team said: “One of the best part of being a police officer is being able to do little things that make a big difference to people.
“I’m delighted we could do this for his special day and seeing how happy he was really made our day too.”