Dunmow pilot’s diet book is well worth the weight
- Credit: Archant
A self-confessed “yo-yo dieter” became so fed up of fad weight loss regimes that he has decided to put together his own book to help shift the extra pounds.
Despite having no previous writing experience, Rene Schellekens has created a “no-nonsense, straight-talking and at times a brutally honest” approach to losing weight and nutrition.
And after two years of hard work – fitted in when he was not busy with his day job of flying planes – the 35-year-old has self-published his own book, Dieting Madness.
Mr Schellekens, of Matilda Way, Flitch Green, said: “I have been dieting all my life and tried so much different stuff but most of it is just nonsense.
“People want to sell these diets so they come up with a miracle way to do it and they say it is revolutionary. But it is not revolutionary. We know everything there is to know about dieting.
“The problem with all these diets is it is hard to know what to believe anymore. I wanted to tell people how to lose weight in a way that will really get results, it is commonsense dieting.”
The father-of-one has lost three-and-a-half stone since following the advice given in his book. It is based on hard facts and proven methods, with information on nutrition, exercise and the diets that are currently out there.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 5 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 9 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
“It has taken me a long time but I am really proud of it,” he added. “If I sell 100 copies or one million, I have reached my goal.”
The book can be bought at Saracens Fitness, in Great Dunmow, or on Amazon, for £8.99. For more details, visit dietingmadness.com