Dunmow pilot’s diet book is well worth the weight
- Credit: Archant
A self-confessed “yo-yo dieter” became so fed up of fad weight loss regimes that he has decided to put together his own book to help shift the extra pounds.
Despite having no previous writing experience, Rene Schellekens has created a “no-nonsense, straight-talking and at times a brutally honest” approach to losing weight and nutrition.
And after two years of hard work – fitted in when he was not busy with his day job of flying planes – the 35-year-old has self-published his own book, Dieting Madness.
Mr Schellekens, of Matilda Way, Flitch Green, said: “I have been dieting all my life and tried so much different stuff but most of it is just nonsense.
“People want to sell these diets so they come up with a miracle way to do it and they say it is revolutionary. But it is not revolutionary. We know everything there is to know about dieting.
You may also want to watch:
“The problem with all these diets is it is hard to know what to believe anymore. I wanted to tell people how to lose weight in a way that will really get results, it is commonsense dieting.”
The father-of-one has lost three-and-a-half stone since following the advice given in his book. It is based on hard facts and proven methods, with information on nutrition, exercise and the diets that are currently out there.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 10 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
“It has taken me a long time but I am really proud of it,” he added. “If I sell 100 copies or one million, I have reached my goal.”
The book can be bought at Saracens Fitness, in Great Dunmow, or on Amazon, for £8.99. For more details, visit dietingmadness.com