Great Dunmow mayor sends out letters of thanks - and thanks Tesco store colleagues in person
- Credit: Saffron Photo
The mayor of Great Dunmow Town Council has sent out personal letters of thanks to acknowledge the committment, care and dedication from different sections of the community during the coronavirus lockdown.
Cllr Mike Coleman told the full council meeting he has written to traders, those in the industrial units, schools, care homes and semi sheltered accommodation.
He thanked 100 town traders, acknowledging the challenges they faced and thanking them for their efforts in ensuring the community had supplies and had been provided with quality care.
He highlighted that some had gone “the extra mile” in caring for others.
He also thanked industry directors and employees for caring for staff, and for employees who did their best to keep families safe.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at three schools and five care homes were also praised for extra efforts on the frontline.
On Saturday, he praised the staff at Tesco, Dunmow and met the store manager and colleagues.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
Recipients were told the town council will provide whatever support is possible.