Dunmow man found dead beside his car
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following an incident involving a vehicle in Great Dunmow.
Police were contacted after a man was found lying next to a car on hard standing adjacent to a roundabout in Chelmsford Road, Great Dunmow, just off the B184 junction with the A120 roundabout.
A 75-year-old man from the Dunmow area was pronounced dead at the scene just after 4.30pm on Wednesday, November 19.
An investigation is being carried out in to the circumstances leading up to his death. Forensic collision investigators attended and a vehicle, a blue Jaguar, has been recovered for examination.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious and investigators from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit will be liaising with the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information has been asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open