Dunmow Horticultural Show is growing event
- Credit: Archant
Vegetable entries were up in number at Dunmow Horticultural Show even though, in the words of show organizer, David Beedle, the August weather had been “pretty disastrous for flower growers” so the flower entries were slightly down.
The Neate Shield for best exhibit in the show went to Eddy Linin with his vase of mixed flowering stem. He also came first with his three blooms of incurve chrysanthemums and won the Garden News Top Vase.
Alan Taylor from Elsenham won the Lee Cup for most points in this section. Judy Barnard won the Lawrence Cup and Dixon Shield in floral art, depicting a Royal Princess and also Harvest Time (which won Best in Section).
New competitor, Peter Bull entered a number of his vegetables and won the Garden News Top Tray.
The Colin Warder Cup for the tray of vegetables, The Dunmow Cup for the most points in vegetables, The Dourdan Cup for potatoes and the Royal Horticultural Society Banksian medal (winning the most points combined from the spring and autumn shows) went to Bryan Crouchman. Margaret Joyce and Patsy Beedle shared the Baldry Cup – equal points in Food and Drink.
You may also want to watch:
The Alzheimers Society, organized by Georgina Salmon, entered several classes with fruit and vegetables grown on their allotment.
The boys and girls goblets were won by Hannah Perry and Owen Bambridge with their sunflower head and pressed flowers. The Silver Autumn Bowl for pot plants and flowers, was won by Barry Rogers, The Susan Noon Novice Cup for flower arranging went to Sue Warrener, The Hugh Lupton Cup for parlour arrangement, Patsy Beedle, The Joyce Lupton Cup for most points in fruit and the Mike Elsdon Cup for men’s cooking (Cornish pasties), David Beedle, The Geoff Perry Shield for photography, was won by Glynn Joyce and The Handicraft Cup, Amanda Perry.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome