Dunmow High Street TSB bank robbed by masked man
- Credit: Archant
A man has made off with a quantity of cash following a robbery at a High Street bank in Great Dunmow.
The suspect entered TSB at around 2.45pm today.
He threatened staff before leaving with the money.
Essex Police have not yet revealed an estimate for how much money was stolen.
No-one has been injured in the incident.
Detectives are appealing for information around the robbery.
The man involve has been described as around 6ft tall, of large build, wearing a mask and a light grey hooded top with tassles and a white zip, blue jeans, black shoes and black leather gloves.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 3 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 4 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 5 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 6 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 7 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 8 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 9 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 10 Platinum Jubilee pictures from Great Dunmow and district
He was also carrying a white carrier bag.
Staff at Ropers The Chemist in Dunmow nearby said they heard the police helicopter overhead.
An employee, who did not want to be named, said: “We saw the police cars, there must have been about four or five of them.
“We then heard the helicopter circling above. There was a man directing officers on the other side of the street, I don’t know if he saw the man or not.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
It is the second bank robbery in Dunmow High Street in less than a year, after the a security van driver running cash to the now-closed HSBC branch was robbed at gunpoint in June last year.