Dunmow High Street pub set to reopen after �500k refurb
A REVAMPED town centre pub is opening is doors tonight (Thursday), in time for the Diamond Jubilee weekend celebrations.
The Saracens Head Hotel, on Dunmow’s High Street, has undergone a �500,000 makeover after being snapped up by new owners.
Independently-owned pub company Cozy Pubs purchased the establishment last month and has invested a total of �1.75m to return the grade-II listed coaching inn to its former glory.
The company, which has similarly transformed the fortunes of two other watering-holes in the area – The Cricketers Arms in Rickling Green and The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden – has spruced up the bar and restaurant.
And they have refurbished and reopened all 31 en-suite rooms, which includes 27 elegant double and single rooms and three luxury suites.
Tim Doyle, director of Cozy Pubs, said: “We wanted to return the pub and hotel back to the community for their enjoyment – and I think we have achieved that.
“We are having the official opening tonight (June 1) at 7pm and we would like everyone to come and help us celebrate with a glass of champagne.”
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
The evening starts at 7pm with a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival before canap�s are served.
The restaurant has also been fully refurbished and will be serving fresh, homecooked food from 7am-10pm daily. To reserve a table call 01371 873901.