Dunmow High Street pub set to reopen after �500k refurb
A REVAMPED town centre pub is opening is doors tonight (Thursday), in time for the Diamond Jubilee weekend celebrations.
The Saracens Head Hotel, on Dunmow’s High Street, has undergone a �500,000 makeover after being snapped up by new owners.
Independently-owned pub company Cozy Pubs purchased the establishment last month and has invested a total of �1.75m to return the grade-II listed coaching inn to its former glory.
The company, which has similarly transformed the fortunes of two other watering-holes in the area – The Cricketers Arms in Rickling Green and The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden – has spruced up the bar and restaurant.
And they have refurbished and reopened all 31 en-suite rooms, which includes 27 elegant double and single rooms and three luxury suites.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Doyle, director of Cozy Pubs, said: “We wanted to return the pub and hotel back to the community for their enjoyment – and I think we have achieved that.
“We are having the official opening tonight (June 1) at 7pm and we would like everyone to come and help us celebrate with a glass of champagne.”
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
The evening starts at 7pm with a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival before canap�s are served.
The restaurant has also been fully refurbished and will be serving fresh, homecooked food from 7am-10pm daily. To reserve a table call 01371 873901.