Dunmow High Street pub set to reopen after �500k refurb
A REVAMPED town centre pub is opening is doors tonight (Thursday), in time for the Diamond Jubilee weekend celebrations.
The Saracens Head Hotel, on Dunmow’s High Street, has undergone a �500,000 makeover after being snapped up by new owners.
Independently-owned pub company Cozy Pubs purchased the establishment last month and has invested a total of �1.75m to return the grade-II listed coaching inn to its former glory.
The company, which has similarly transformed the fortunes of two other watering-holes in the area – The Cricketers Arms in Rickling Green and The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden – has spruced up the bar and restaurant.
And they have refurbished and reopened all 31 en-suite rooms, which includes 27 elegant double and single rooms and three luxury suites.
Tim Doyle, director of Cozy Pubs, said: “We wanted to return the pub and hotel back to the community for their enjoyment – and I think we have achieved that.
“We are having the official opening tonight (June 1) at 7pm and we would like everyone to come and help us celebrate with a glass of champagne.”
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 5 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
The evening starts at 7pm with a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival before canap�s are served.
The restaurant has also been fully refurbished and will be serving fresh, homecooked food from 7am-10pm daily. To reserve a table call 01371 873901.