Dunmow High Street pub set to reopen after �500k refurb
A REVAMPED town centre pub is opening is doors tonight (Thursday), in time for the Diamond Jubilee weekend celebrations.
The Saracens Head Hotel, on Dunmow’s High Street, has undergone a �500,000 makeover after being snapped up by new owners.
Independently-owned pub company Cozy Pubs purchased the establishment last month and has invested a total of �1.75m to return the grade-II listed coaching inn to its former glory.
The company, which has similarly transformed the fortunes of two other watering-holes in the area – The Cricketers Arms in Rickling Green and The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden – has spruced up the bar and restaurant.
And they have refurbished and reopened all 31 en-suite rooms, which includes 27 elegant double and single rooms and three luxury suites.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Doyle, director of Cozy Pubs, said: “We wanted to return the pub and hotel back to the community for their enjoyment – and I think we have achieved that.
“We are having the official opening tonight (June 1) at 7pm and we would like everyone to come and help us celebrate with a glass of champagne.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 5 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
The evening starts at 7pm with a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival before canap�s are served.
The restaurant has also been fully refurbished and will be serving fresh, homecooked food from 7am-10pm daily. To reserve a table call 01371 873901.