Dunmow High Street pub set to reopen after �500k refurb
A REVAMPED town centre pub is opening is doors tonight (Thursday), in time for the Diamond Jubilee weekend celebrations.
The Saracens Head Hotel, on Dunmow’s High Street, has undergone a �500,000 makeover after being snapped up by new owners.
Independently-owned pub company Cozy Pubs purchased the establishment last month and has invested a total of �1.75m to return the grade-II listed coaching inn to its former glory.
The company, which has similarly transformed the fortunes of two other watering-holes in the area – The Cricketers Arms in Rickling Green and The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden – has spruced up the bar and restaurant.
And they have refurbished and reopened all 31 en-suite rooms, which includes 27 elegant double and single rooms and three luxury suites.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Doyle, director of Cozy Pubs, said: “We wanted to return the pub and hotel back to the community for their enjoyment – and I think we have achieved that.
“We are having the official opening tonight (June 1) at 7pm and we would like everyone to come and help us celebrate with a glass of champagne.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
The evening starts at 7pm with a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival before canap�s are served.
The restaurant has also been fully refurbished and will be serving fresh, homecooked food from 7am-10pm daily. To reserve a table call 01371 873901.