Dunmow gears up for Sport Relief
SAFFRON WALDEN and Dunmow will get the chance to participate in Sport Relief 2010: Rise to the Challenge. The Sainsbury s Sport Relief Miles at Lord Butler Leisure Centre and Great Dunmow Leisure Centre is being hosted by Leisure Connection and Uttlesfor
SAFFRON WALDEN and Dunmow will get the chance to participate in Sport Relief 2010: Rise to the Challenge.
The Sainsbury's Sport Relief Miles at Lord Butler Leisure Centre and Great Dunmow Leisure Centre is being hosted by Leisure Connection and Uttlesford District Council on Sunday March 21, and needs local people to show their support by entering.
The Sport Relief Mile sets off at 10am and 10.30am from Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure Centre and 10am from Great Dunmow Leisure Centre.
Comic Relief will spend the money raised through sponsorship helping poor and vulnerable people both here in the UK and across the world's poorest countries.
You may also want to watch:
Leisure Connection's contract manager, Becky Reynolds, said: "From teeny-tots with their mums and dads, to super sprinters up against the clock there's something for everyone on the big day - whether you do one, three or six miles. Best of all, the money you raise by getting sponsored will be used to transform lives forever."
Sainsbury's has supported Comic Relief since 1999 and has raised over �43 million for the charity to date.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 5 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
In 2009, Sainsbury's handed over �11 million on Red Nose Day, the largest cheque ever received in Comic Relief's history.
Since its launch in 2002 over 1.25 million people have taken part in Sport Relief, helping to raise over �75 million.
The Sport Relief Weekend is taking place from Friday 19 to Sunday March 21.
For more information and how to enter visit sportrelief.com