Dunmow footballers to benefit from Stansted Airport Community Trust grant
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow football club is one step closer to fulfilling its dream of becoming the district’s best facility for young players.
The club was one of 29 organisations to receive a substantial grant from Stansted Airport Community Trust, which distributes around £100,000 every year between deserving beneficiaries within a 10 mile radius of the airport.
“They’ve been tremendous, it’s a brilliant contribution,” Dunmow United Football Club’s chairman Rob Irvine told the Broadcast.
Mr Irvine said the donation towards the purchase of six aluminium goalposts would be a huge help with the club’s transformation.
“At the moment we have plastic goalposts. They are okay but they never last more than six months.”
“This grant will help us to deliver our vision of what we want our home grounds to be – the best youth football club in Uttlesford.
“We want to have the best-run club with the best facilities.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 3 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 4 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 5 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 8 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
“It was a relatively quick and painless process – I can’t fault them.”
It was only late last year that the 120 player club gained exclusive use of the Laundry Lane grounds, while sponsorship looks set to change the face of the facility.
Other organisations to benefit from the grant of up to £2,000 include Duton Hill Community Association, which will purchase new ukuleles with the grant, High Easter Village Hall, Hatfield Heath Pre-school and bowling clubs in Elsenham and Stansted.
Stansted Airport Community Trust is in its 11th year of helping organisations close to the airport.
“They’re giving back to the community over which they fly,” Chair Cllr Susan Barker, county councillor for Dunmow, told the Broadcast.