Dunmow driver charged following death of woman on M11
TWO men are due to appear in court after being charged with several offences in connection with a crash which claimed the life of a woman. A 39-year-old man from the Dunmow area was one of the men arrested and has now been charged with one count of causi
TWO men are due to appear in court after being charged with several offences in connection with a crash which claimed the life of a woman.
A 39-year-old man from the Dunmow area was one of the men arrested and has now been charged with one count of causing death by careless driving, one causing death while uninsured and one count of causing death while having no licence.
The collision happened on the northbound carriageway of the M11 at 11.55pm on Friday, March 27 and involved five vehicles.
A blue Ford Mondeo was struck by several cars. The passenger, 50-year-old Claire Glaskin from Cozens Road in Ware, Hertfordshire, was certified dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man from the Clacton area was also arrested and has now been charged with one count of causing death by careless driving while under the influence of alcohol.
This man, and the man from the Dunmow area, are currently on police bail prior to their appearance at Harlow Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, September 30.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
Also, a 23-year-old man of no fixed address was arrested and was charged with one count of careless driving, one count of driving without insurance and one count of driving without a licence.
He appeared at Harlow Magistrates' Court on Monday, September 14 and was disqualified from driving for six months and ordered to pay �450 in fines and costs. This man had originally given police an address in Chelmsford.
A 59-year-old man from Hertfordshire continues to remain on police bail until Friday, September 25 after having been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.