Dunmow Disabled Club welcomes visitors at annual summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
The Dunmow Disabled Club held its annual summer fayre on July 10.
During the event, held at the Rowena Davey Centre, visitors were able to purchase plants, drinks, jams and could also enjoy tea and cake.
Margaret Joyce, chairman of the Dunmow Disabled club, said: "The fayre was well supported by members and there were more visitors than usual."
The Dunmow Disabled Club, which was formed more than 60 years ago, recently announced it could close at the end of year unless volunteers could be found to form a replacement committee.
The club meets every second Wednesday of the month from 2.30-4.30pm and also runs six outings a year for members.
You may also want to watch:
After an initial plea published in the Broadcast, the club received two enquiries but is still in need of a new chairman, meeting secretary, outings organiser and treasurer. Anyone interested in the positions should contact Mrs Joyce by calling: 01371 872474.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease