Delight as Dunmow group back together again
- Credit: Supplied by Action for Family Carers
An activity group for people living with dementia around Dunmow has reopened after four months of Covid-19 closure.
Action for Family Carers' Dunmow group reconvened on Monday, April 19 in Great Canfield Village Hall, its temporary home.
The weekly group runs physically and mentally stimulating activities, ranging from seated exercise and indoor bowling to reminiscence discussions and games involving music.
Clare Savva, Group Activity Support Manager, said: "Now we are out of lockdown, it means people who are living with dementia - many of whom have been shut up at home - can have a little bit of independence.
"They can spend a morning or afternoon away from their families on their own."
You may also want to watch:
Clare said she was "very happy" to meet with group members once again.
The activities aim to stimulate thinking, concentration and memory.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
The Dunmow group meets on Mondays between 10am and 1.30pm. Call 0300 770 80 90.