Dunmow concert raises £1,700 for Kids Inspire and Diabetes UK
- Credit: Archant
A concert featuring the Great Dunmow Town Band and the Great Dunmow Community Big Voices raised £1,700 for charity on October 12.
The last night of the proms-style evening raised funds for Kids Inspire and Diabetes UK, the charities chosen by the mayor of Great Dunmow, Councillor Emma Marcus.
The concert took place at Foakes Hall, in Dunmow.
Violinist Ellie Tardo and soprano Carol-Anne O'Callaghan joined the bands for the night.
Andy King, who founded both the band and the choir, said: "It was a fun evening with lots of flag waving and singing."
You may also want to watch:
The Great Dunmow Town Band and the Great Dunmow Community Big Voices will perform together again in a charity concert for Uttlesford Community Travel, on December 7, at Foakes Hall, in Dunmow. It will take place at 5.30pm and tickets are available from: www.ticketsource.co.uk/the-great-dunmow-town-band.
- 1 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 2 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 3 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan