Dunmow company supplies golden mirror balls for Strictly Come Dancing magazine shoot
- Credit: Archant
Great balls of glitter! A Dunmow company has supplied the golden mirror balls for Strictly Come Dancing.
The BBC’s best-loved programme, which has been going for over a decade and draws in over 11 million viewers, is scheduled for the cover of TV Times this Christmas. Great Dunmow’s online electronics shop, Cybermarket, which has supplied the glitter balls for the show, has just sent off some more sparkle for the shoot.
The company regularly supplies the glitterati. They have also just sent some silver balls to Fortnum and Mason who are lighting up their food hall in Piccadilly with sparkles over the foodie delights.
Says Cybermarket company spokesman, former television and radio presenter, Adela Meer: “We have just launched our Christmas mirror ball season in style.
“We have some other famous mirror ball clientele including Johnny Walker whiskey who bought 200 glitter balls to float down a Scottish river for their Gold label advertising campaign.”
You may also want to watch:
She added; “I’ve worked at many glamorous events from the Bafta Film awards to Monaco’s Fashion Rocks and among all the stars and celebrity frocks the main theme which resonates is sparkle. The mirror ball is the equivalent of a red carpet premiere, a movable display of shimmer and shine wrapped in a sphere of light.”
Cybermarket, which has sold electronics for nearly 14 years, stocks nine different sized mirror balls in silver, gold and black. They range from £2 to £2,000. They also have a demonstration room where people can listen to high end PA equipment for their homes and businesses.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
Caption: Cybermarket warehouse manager, Iain Stanlake with the glitter balls.