Dunmow charity awarded cash grant
A CASH grant towards the purchase of a new minibus has been awarded to Uttlesford Community Travel. The Dunmow-based charity was given �3500 from Essex County Council s Millennium Fund as part of an �80,000 spend countywide. UCT secretary, Maggie Craddock
A CASH grant towards the purchase of a new minibus has been awarded to Uttlesford Community Travel.
The Dunmow-based charity was given �3500 from Essex County Council's Millennium Fund as part of an �80,000 spend countywide.
UCT secretary, Maggie Craddock, said: "Very soon we will be replacing the oldest bus in our fleet to help bring down the cost of repairs. It will allow us to run an even more efficient service."
Chairman Ian Shaw also received a certificate for the charity's work in the community since they formed in March 1997.
You may also want to watch:
Helping more than 25,000 passengers per year, UCT is a community scheme that provides wheelchair accessible, door-to-door transport, for people of all ages who find it difficult to use public transport.
Awarding the grants at a ceremony in Chelmsford, Cllr Elizabeth Hart, Chairman of Council, praised all the organisations present at the event.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
She said "The council is very impressed with the quality of work being undertaken by these organisations and with the commitment, the energy and the care with which they deliver their services.