Dunmow carnival timetable is taking shape
PLANS are under way for this year s carnival, September 16, held at Dunmow Recreational Ground with a timetable of events being drawn up. The Caledonian Pipe Band will play at 2.30pm followed by the Town Crier officially opening the field and welcoming t
PLANS are under way for this year's carnival, September 16, held at Dunmow Recreational Ground with a timetable of events being drawn up.
The Caledonian Pipe Band will play at 2.30pm followed by the Town Crier officially opening the field and welcoming the Carnival Queen and her guests.
Dunmow's Kyokushinkai Karate club will then put on a display, followed by children from Scene II drama school.
At 3.50pm The Perkins five-a-side football final and presentation will take place followed by Dave Alacey singing as Frank Sinatra.
The famous tug-of-war challenge final will take place 4.10pm before Stars in Their Eyes Richard Carter wows crowds as George Michael.
At 5.15pm the Helena Romanes School Band 'Wasabi' will play followed by a display by Dunmow fire and rescue service.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
For more information call 01371 876174 or 07875 112710.