Dunmow carnival cash handed to charity
GENEROUS carnival watchers have helped a successful club continue.
Buckets of coins and a few notes were collected along the route of Dunmow carnival in September and procession
committee members spent hours counting the cash.
But the effort was worth it when �1,000 was handed over to charity Accuro towards running its Wednesday club
in Dunmow for under 19s with disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Trustee chairman Karen Shefford said the charity’s grant had been cut and funds were running low.
“This donation is extremely helpful,” she said.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
Committee chairman Keith Wheatcroft said it was good to help such a worthwhile cause that supported Dunmow
The committee is now seeking nominations from Dunmow organisations which would like to benefit from the
2013 carnival street collection. Applications should be sent to 30 Woodview Road, Dunmow CM6 1BU by January 30.