Dunmow carnival cash handed to charity
GENEROUS carnival watchers have helped a successful club continue.
Buckets of coins and a few notes were collected along the route of Dunmow carnival in September and procession
committee members spent hours counting the cash.
But the effort was worth it when �1,000 was handed over to charity Accuro towards running its Wednesday club
in Dunmow for under 19s with disabilities.
Trustee chairman Karen Shefford said the charity’s grant had been cut and funds were running low.
“This donation is extremely helpful,” she said.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 7 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
Committee chairman Keith Wheatcroft said it was good to help such a worthwhile cause that supported Dunmow
The committee is now seeking nominations from Dunmow organisations which would like to benefit from the
2013 carnival street collection. Applications should be sent to 30 Woodview Road, Dunmow CM6 1BU by January 30.