Dunmow carnival cash handed to charity
GENEROUS carnival watchers have helped a successful club continue.
Buckets of coins and a few notes were collected along the route of Dunmow carnival in September and procession
committee members spent hours counting the cash.
But the effort was worth it when �1,000 was handed over to charity Accuro towards running its Wednesday club
in Dunmow for under 19s with disabilities.
Trustee chairman Karen Shefford said the charity’s grant had been cut and funds were running low.
“This donation is extremely helpful,” she said.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 5 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 6 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 7 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 8 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 9 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
Committee chairman Keith Wheatcroft said it was good to help such a worthwhile cause that supported Dunmow
The committee is now seeking nominations from Dunmow organisations which would like to benefit from the
2013 carnival street collection. Applications should be sent to 30 Woodview Road, Dunmow CM6 1BU by January 30.