Dunmow carnival cash handed to charity
GENEROUS carnival watchers have helped a successful club continue.
Buckets of coins and a few notes were collected along the route of Dunmow carnival in September and procession
committee members spent hours counting the cash.
But the effort was worth it when �1,000 was handed over to charity Accuro towards running its Wednesday club
in Dunmow for under 19s with disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Trustee chairman Karen Shefford said the charity’s grant had been cut and funds were running low.
“This donation is extremely helpful,” she said.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 5 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 8 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
Committee chairman Keith Wheatcroft said it was good to help such a worthwhile cause that supported Dunmow
The committee is now seeking nominations from Dunmow organisations which would like to benefit from the
2013 carnival street collection. Applications should be sent to 30 Woodview Road, Dunmow CM6 1BU by January 30.