Dunmow cafe wins Best Coffee Shop in Essex award
- Credit: Archant
Zoe’s Coffee Shop in Great Dunmow High Street has won Best Coffee and Tea Shop in Essex after being nominated by readers of Essex Life Magazine, a sister publication of The Broadcast.
After Zoe’s made the shortlist of the top three, judge Pat Pratley from the WI, visited each eatery and said: “Zoe’s Coffee Shop is very welcoming, with coffee, tea and a good selection of homemade food, including Zoe’s award-winning Scotch eggs.” She added: “There is something to suit all palettes and it’s attractively served. The locally sourced food is cooked on the premises as are the scones and cakes which are made daily.”
Owner Zoe Brady and her team discovered they had won at a Black Tie dinner at Down Hall Hotel, Hatfield Heath.
The Archant group’s Food and Drink Awards have been running for five years. There are 13 categories. There were over 130 contender’s for Zoe’s category and 1,700 entries overall. Customers are invited to nominate their favourite eating place and say why it should win.
Zoe told the Broadcast: “It is really special to have won this award, to be voted Top Coffee Shop in Essex is a real honour, and it means that all our hard work has paid off.
You may also want to watch:
“I opened up Zoe’s Coffee Shop, two years ago, after working for an investment bank in the City for 20 years. I wanted a break from the City life and decided to open my life long dream. I had no previous experience of running my own business, let alone a coffee shop, so the learning curve has been steep but exciting.”
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 8 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex