Dunmow Broadcast reunites friends for anniversary
FOLLOWING last weeks couple trying to find old friends plea on the front page of the broadcast (dated March 27), we are delighted to report resounding success. Within hours of the Dunmow Broadcast hitting people s doormats, Terry Francis from Duton Hill
FOLLOWING last weeks 'couple trying to find old friends' plea on the front page of the broadcast (dated March 27), we are delighted to report resounding success.
Within hours of the Dunmow Broadcast hitting people's doormats, Terry Francis from Duton Hill got in touch to announce that he is in fact the brother of Monica Godbold, and Carol Copping has rung up to pass on her telephone number.
The story began when Chris and Steve Clements, who were married at St Mary's in Church End, Great Dunmow, contacted us about celebrating their ruby wedding anniversary this year. They were looking for old friends to join the party.
On the list was Carol Copping, who lived near the forge in Church End, and Roy and Monica Godbold who lived in St Edmonds Fields.
You may also want to watch:
Terry and Carol have left their phone numbers with reporter Nick Thompson who is endeavouring to re-unite the old friends through the various mediums of e-mail, texts and the telephone. Carol Copping said: "I live in Bury St Edmonds now and I couldn't believe it when my sister, who lives in Great Dunmow, rang up and told me I was on the front page of the Broadcast. I wondered what I had done. It is great that we can get back in touch.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack